Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Sunday Zoo Day

Sweater: Ann Taylor (gift); T-Neck: J.Crew; Jeans: LOFT; Hat: Urban Outfitters;
Shoes: Diesel via TJ Maxx; Sunnie: Prada (gift)

This past Sunday was a gorgeous day by February standards. Mid 50s and sunny so I decided the family needed a day out of the house. I don't know about you, but this winter has been really rough. It hasn't been a horrible in terms of weather. It just seems to have been a long one! I was definitely ready for an outing with the boys! 

We decided to spend the afternoon at the zoo, one of our favorite places to go. We have a beautiful zoo that's constantly growing. We now have two Polar Bears who we hope will have babies! Later this summer we are getting a penguin exhibit! So excited! McKinley is a blast at this age. He loved seeing the "amals" and would imitate the sounds of the elephants, gorillas and lions. Just a wonderful day!

Even though it was in the 50s, there was still a chill in the air. I didn't want to wear a coat so I doubled up on sweaters. I layered a cashmere turtleneck under one of my favorite sweaters to date! This little guy is like a sweater and blanket in one! A perfect combo for the day. I added a hat as it was a dress and go kind of day. I needed to hide the day (or two) old hair! Sunnies hid the minimal, okay no makeup. We were outta there!

 
  
I would say that a sweater of this nature is a definite investment. I wear it all the time. A great weekend piece that I wear over t-shirts, denim button downs and t-necks. It has also been a great piece for work. It will dress down a look when I have the need to look a little dressy yet casz!

 




 

Other ways I've worn the cream sweater:

No comments: