Monday, February 11, 2013

The Week of Love

As the Beatles so aptly put it, "love is all you need". Later this week is Valentine's Day. The one day that we are reminded to tell people in your lives that you love them; significant others, parents, siblings and friends. But, shouldn't we tell them everyday? Those three little words can be so powerful! They can help cheer you up when you're feeling blue. They can make your heart and soul swell when said for the first time. They can leave such an impression when said at just the right moment. Love! It's a pretty special word.

When I think of Valentine's Day I think of red, pink, hearts, roses, and above all, CHOCOLATE!! I love sending Valentine's to friends and I hand out Barbie Valentine's to my co-workers. Everyone deserves a Valentine on Valentine's Day. I think it should be a cardinal rule! I also try to bake something special for either home or work or both. This year I have a pretty yummy recipe I want to try from The Pioneer Woman. A chocolate cupcake with cream filing and a chocolate ganache icing! YUM!! 

I'm thinking ahead to the special day and what I might wear. For me, it's all about red. The color of love, right? And, the color I love most. Aside from black... You don't have to go full on red. Little accents are perfect. Pink works too. Or, how about combining the two? Here are a few pieces I think would work for anyone on this day of LOVE!

Scarves are a great way to add color to your look. These two from Ann Taylor are perfect! The one on the left would add pop to a black sheath. The one on the right would look great with a fitted sweater. I would definitely pair it with a cream t-neck sweater like this one!

 
Shoes are another great way to add color to your look. And you know how I feel about shoes. Talk about love! The pink peep toes from Ann Taylor are darling! The thin ankle strap is so on trend and the color is so luxe! Perfect with winter white, black, gray or jeans!  For a little more substance, add these Dolce Vita red suede pumps. I own this exact pair and love them! I've worn them multiple times. See them here. They are on major sale at Piperlime!


Fun pieces of jewelry is one of my newest ways of incorporating color! And the bigger and chunkier the better. For those of you who aren't into huge pieces, check out these smaller pieces. They still have impact! The pink earrings from Ann Taylor are delicate but pack a lot of punch with the hot pink enamel. The red leather necklace from House of Harlow is a great way to test the statement necklace waters! It's a little chunky but on a much smaller scale. An exclusive piece to Piperlime.

 
A handbag! What gal doesn't need a handbag! If you are anything like me, my whole life is contained in my handbag. And for that, the satchel is perfect for housing everything you need on a daily basis. This red one from Target is such a rich color and an awesome size! If you are one that doesn't carry much, then this Ann Taylor clutch would be right up your alley. I am obsessed with the suede, the pink and red combo...just a really cool clutch and such a wow factor!



Do you plan ahead for Valentine's Day or is it just another day of the week? Will you pack your look full of color and if so, which one? With red being one of my favorite colors, I'm actually planning a weeks worth of looks that will include red and possibly some pink. Stay tuned...

No comments: