Sunday, February 27, 2011

Rows of Roses


T-Neck: J.Crew; Tank: Ann Taylor; Jeans: Joe’s Jeans: Boots: J.Crew; Scarf: Gift via Talbot’s; Earrings: Made by Me 


Last night we celebrated a good friend’s birthday, with the entire gang in tow, and had a wonderful time being out and about. We were a little early to the event so we hit the new Banana Republic store on the Country Club Plaza and I was in heaven. If you live in the metro, and haven’t checked it out, do! I loved how each section of the store, for both men and women, were divided into themes and the space was enormous. So much room to shop without other shoppers running into you. Upon arrival, you were given a small envelope of savings and each one was a winner! I received 30% off and put that discount to good use! I will post my purchases later.


For the dinner, I wanted to be comfortable but a little dressy since dinner was for a special friend. I knew I needed to stay within the 30 for 30 challenge and literally planned outfits in my head all day. Since I finally got my cream, cashmere t-neck back from the cleaners, I knew I wanted to wear it. I’ve actually missed this piece! From there, this outfit was born. The shoes were the hard part. Since I wasn’t going do that much walking and standing, I knew I could brave heels for the evening, but which ones? I reached for a pair of oldy but goodies and was happy with the entire look.



What do you think of my darling rose scarf? This was a Christmas gift from my aunt and grandmother and I’ve been wanting to wear it but wasn’t sure how or with what? The blush of the scarf looked great with the cream backdrop but I’m pretty sure black would make it pop. I may have to give this a whirl for work. Check back to see when and how I wear it next.



This is me with a little over five weeks to go. I want to give a shout out to my girlfriend Christina and her husband Brian who recently added a beautiful baby girl to their family! As I sent them texts and Facebook congratulations, I suddenly realized how real this giving birth thing is! Though I’m more excited than I can convey about meeting little Baby K, I am so nervous!!!! In the meantime, I will continue to dress my bump and will take side shots for weekly updates until the baby arrives.

No comments: