Friday, February 25, 2011

Color Blocking Friday


Sweater: Ann Taylor Loft Maternity; Striped T-Neck: Target; T-Shirt: Target; Jeans: A Pea in a Pod; Boots: Hunter Boots via Nordstrom; Earrings: Silpada; Cape (seen below) Ann Taylor


I’m still looking for inspiration and this creation isn’t all that inspiring! If anything, it’s pretty monotone. However, I was excited to pull on my Hunter boots this morning! For me, the snow came out of the blue, but I was ready with footwear. Snow is so pretty the morning after. If only it would stay that way.


Color blocking is big for spring so I decided to incorporate it in small doses today. I would say that 90% of my wardrobe, pre and post pregnancy, is black and I find that I generally pair it with white. BORING! So, I really added some oomph to my outfit by adding gray and black stripes! I am living on the edge!!! In case you were wondering, my color block would be black, gray and white. I even went so far as to add gray socks that peak out over the boots ever so slightly. 



I am sporting a cape instead of a winter coat because I really can’t zip or button my coats anymore. I like the look and fit of the cape and believe me, its really warm. This could be my coat for the remainder of my pregnancy. Personally, I’m hoping for some warmer weather and no more need for a coat! 


Just a couple of things I would like to personally point out. I loved my makeup so much on Wednesday that I have repeated the look for the past two days. Instead of going heavy on color, I’ve been using the brow highlighter from a Clinique palette. I like the silvery hue mixed with black liner and mascara. Simple but still makes my eyes pop. Also, what is it about my hair on day two? I love that the curl isn’t so tight and honestly, day three is even better. I wish I could find a product that allowed day one curls to look like day two. I could always use my defuser, but let’s be honest, I don’t have that much time to devote to my hair. Until then, I will keep testing the curling product market. Happy Friday!

No comments: