Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day


Sweater: A Pea in a Pod; Tank: Target: Jeans: Joe’s Jeans; Shoes: Miz Mooz via Nordstrom; Scarf: Harold’s; Necklace: Gift from my husband


Today was Valentine’s Day and I was determined to fit something red into my very gray and black maternity wardrobe. I decided to wear jeans because I wasn’t sure that black pants would match the sweater and was iffy on red shoes with gray pants. Also, the accessories I wanted to add needed a sweater with an exposed neck, so I knew my cashmere t-neck was out!


With all that being said, I added red accents that I think worked with the over all look. The scarf is very reminicent of my retail days when working at Harold’s. When scarves were big in the late 90s, we didn’t wear them long and drapped like today. Instead, we tied them around the neck. This was one of two ways to wear your scarf, which also looks a lot like a flight attendant! The second accent was my fun red shoes. I realize again their a cheat, however, they fit my feet so I’m going with them. I got them last summer and love the color. Not sure I loved the opaque tights, but I wasn’t about to go without, even if the temps were a little warmer than normal.



No comments: