Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Taking a New Look at K-Mart

My eyes are wide open to the lower priced brands brought to us by such stores as JCPenney and K-Mart. The ads for K-Mart in recent fashion magazines have been eye catching and look luxe on paper. I recently purchased two items and so wished the third had been available in my size. And talk about affordable! Ladies, there are no more excuses for not shopping! You can totally stock up at these prices.


The first item is this adorable romper. The animal print is so on trend and the material is breezy and comfortable. I realize that it’s strapless, however, that can be remedied with a black cardigan, a cropped jean jacket or my military jacket. Shown here in flats, I will more than likely pair mine with heels or wedges. But, flats will be a great alternative when wearing this outfit for a full day of running errands. 


In addition to an everyday outfit, this will be adorable for a night out. I would definitely leave the look strapless, but add strappy heels and fun jewels. I’m ready for sun, a tan and to sport this great romper!



The second item is this great Band Jacket in ivory. I love the military lapel, the epaulettes on the shoulder and the tiny brown pinstripe within the jacket. Paired with jeans and my fitted brown tee, this look will be casual and great for cool summer evenings. It will also look great with brown pants and a colorful tank in either teal or turquoise. Oh, and I just thought of my brown maxi dress! So cute paired with the dress and sandals. I love the possibilities. Plus, this will definitely transition into fall. 



This top is darling and unfortunately, wasn’t in my size. I did find a substitute but wouldn’t you know it, they now have it in my size! That just means there is one out there for you! I love the delicate lace, the dolman sleeves and the sweet neckline. The look is purely romantic and can be paired with so many things! Jeans being an obvious choice, but it would totally work with gray and/or black pants, those trendy red jeans seen all over fashion spreads these days, cute shorts and cropped khakis. The only jewelry I would wear is either fun earrings or stacked bangles. I would not pair a necklace only because the neckline is an in between length and the detail in the lace is all you need. 



There are so many other adorable pieces that should be considered and they are below. 


I would love to wear this in the Fiery Red Print.



Again animal print, especially snake, are huge right now and this dress totally fits the bill.



I love this simple, sequined tank. It’s a great layering piece under cardigans and jackets, say the Band Jacket listed above, but it would be super cute alone with jeans and heels. 



OMG! This shredded yet ruffled metallic top is too cute to pass up and I’m pretty sure it will be in my shopping cart by the end of this post! Super cute for work or play, it would dress down a suit, but play up jeans for an evening out. And, it’s only $14!!!



Again, take a new look at K-Mart and you will be as shocked as I was. The styles are on trend, the price points are amazing and you will look as chic and luxe as if you shopped at any high end retailer across town. 


All photos are courtesy of kmart.com.

No comments: