Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Swingin'


Sweater: Target; T-Neck: Target; Jeans: Joe’s Jeans; Shoes: Nine West American Vintage via DSW; Necklaces: Silpada; Bracelets: Silpada


I think I might have found my wardrobe staple for the rest of the month! Swingy, open front sweaters are something I seem to have in abundance and they will be a nice alternative when button ups and pull overs feel restrictive. Yesterday, even though I loved my outfit, I felt like the waistband in my pants was literally digging into me and I couldn’t wait to get home and take the darn things off! Turns out, I had to wait until much later in the evening because we came home with a new car! That’s how you welcome a new month!


I have decided that I’m going to dress for comfort this month and today I am super comfy! I recently read a little blurb in People about cuffed jeans and decided to give it a try. I like it. I feel a little 50s with the style of shoes and the wide cuff, but it also feels effortlessly chic. That’s the thought process I’m going with at least. As for the unsightly navy belly band, I hate that it’s so visible, but by the time I noticed it, it was too late to change. I’m trying to overlook it so politely do the same. I doubled up my necklaces again today. I feel like I’m making my own statement jewelry by piling on pieces of my own.


And drum roll please….. Here I am with our new car! I was so sad to see my 1996 Honda Civic go. It has been such a great car over the past 15 years, but we needed an upgrade. I’m pretty sure this car makes it official, I’m going to be a mom!


No comments: