Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!


Top: Ann Taylor Loft; Pashmina: Jones New York via Macy’s; Jeans: A Pea in the Pod; Flats: Jessica Simpson via Macy’s; Earrings: Made by Me


What a difference a year makes! Last year we walked the annual Kansas City St. Patrick’s Day parade, something we do every year! This year we went to our 37 week check up. Last year we went bar hopping after the parade. This year we went to lunch at Schlotzsky’s. Tonight, same as last year, we are attending the annual O’Rourke St. Patrick’s Day dinner where I will drink O’Doul’s versus my beloved Bud Light. 


I struggled with what to wear today. Since I am three weeks away from my due date, there was no way I was going out to shop for something green. I tried on everything this morning and wound up with this. It’s balmy here today, upper 70s with clouds, so I knew I needed something other than my standard maternity sweaters. So, I reached for the white blouse I wore last week and added a celadon pashmina. I also added hints of green with my jewels and eyeshadow. That Wonder Woman palette was a great investment! Overall, I’m happy with the look, despite feeling like a great, white whale! 



As promised, here is the week 37 profile shot.

No comments: