Thursday, March 24, 2011

GO International - Tucker

The second designer in my three part series is GO International’s Tucker. I love a shirt dress and this airy version is perfect for spring and summer, but will it transition nicely into fall. For my first look, and all the looks really, I chose to pair the dress with shades of brown. Here, I’ve added a light brown/spandex belt with my gladiator heel sandals. These shoes have gotten their milage over the years and it looks like their stint isn’t over. I also added a couple of wooden bangles and will add silver dangle earrings to complete the look. Because the bangles are the focal point, I want to keep the earrings small.




With the below look, I added a version of bronze. It’s not quiet silver and not quiet bronze but the over all effect is very neutral. The thicker belt, used in the look above, will really help cinch in my waist, but the thin belt will keep the dress drapey. And these strappy sandals dress up the dress without making it look too fancy. When thinking of accessories, I remembered these sweet, orange beaded bangles and thought they would bring out the orange in the dress. I also plan to pair a large pair of brush gold hoop earrings. Again, because the belt and shoes are so neutral, the accessories can be bold and in different shades. 




 


How do I plan to take this dress from summer to fall? Add colorful tights and boots! I will probably stay with the brown theme, but I’m also thinking my suede, dove over-the-knee boots I purchased earlier this year will look super cute and take the dress in a completely different direction. As for now, I will stick with spring and summer because I am so over this winter!

No comments: