Tuesday, March 22, 2011

GO International - Rodarte

As most of you already know, I have a lust for designer labels but don’t have the wallet to afford them! If I do make the splurge it’s usually on Gilt or Rue La La. Now, you and I can both afford lux labels with Target’s GO International line. In celebration of their five years of collaberating with major designers, they are bringing them all back for a limited time and I have purchased three pieces that I thought would be timeless. This will be a three part series of the items I’ve purchased and how I plan to pair them with accessories I already own. This is just a glimpse of a few ways to wear the pieces. Look for actual photos to come in the coming months!


First up is a Rodarte paisley dress. Lace is a huge trend and I love that the paisley takes on the look of lace without using the delicate fabric. For my first look, I paired the dress with black, patent leather. I’ve added a small patent belt, however, I have a wider version that will look adorable as well. I own several pairs of black, patent leather shoes, but these darling Enzo Angiolini fit the bill with their ruffle detail and tiny bow. They don’t take away from the print of the dress, but enhance the overall look with just that added detail.



I also love the delicate chiffon used around the neckline and sleeve of the dress. It keeps the whole thing super feminine. And because it’s so feminine, I haven’t quite decided on the jewelry I’ll wear. I definitely want something that compliments the black accessories used throughout the look, but it needs a little sparkle. Maybe diamonds or CZ will be the way to go. Stay tuned!



For my second look, I wanted to play up the nude portion of the fabric. I added my new cream leather/spandex belt and croc cream heels. I like the stark contrast to the black and for a chilly office climate, I have the perfect cream, silk shrug. With this look I’m thinking pearls to continue that cream theme. Black will be too dark for this look and I don’t like the idea of wearing something with bling.




The best thing about this dress is that it can be worn in so many ways and to so many ocassions. First and foremost, this will be a work dress, but it could be worn to a wedding, dinners out or a night at the theater. Check it out at now at Target.

No comments: