Tuesday, March 8, 2011

My Own Pampering

I’m not sure what it is about a manicure, but after I receive one I not only feel that my look is complete, but I am completely relaxed. Maybe it’s the hand and arm massage you receive from both the exfoliator and lotion application. Maybe it’s the celebrity gossip banter with my nail tech. What ever it is, I love going!


I can’t afford one every time I turn around, so I do a lot of at home “manicures”. I put that term in quotes only because I don’t go to the extent that an actual nail tech does. I simply cut my nails, file them down, push back my cuticles and start painting. Not nearly as glamorous or relaxing! Anyway, I decided that today was the day I was going to “do my nails”. I don’t have a fancy function to attend, but I just felt like my hands needed a little detail and not the swelling that is currently taking place!


When choosing my color, I decided to go dark. I love the dark nail look. To me it’s not Goth, its chic! I usually go with my Chanel black or OPI’s “You Don’t Know Jacques”, but today I decided on “Lincoln Park After Dark”. It is a deep plum that is almost black. Love it! With spring around the corner, I might try some of my brighter shades like “Peru-B-Ruby” or “I’m Not Really a Waitress”. I might even try one of the corals that are really trendy right now, but I have a feeling that with my skin tone, it will total wash me out. Maybe after I’ve spent some time in the sun. Now that sounds glamorous and relaxing!


What colors do you like when getting your manicure?


OPI - Lincoln Park After Dark Lacquer/Polish

Lincoln Park After Dark


OPI - 2008 Fall/Winter French Collection - You Don't Know Jacques! Nail Lacquer/Polish  


You Don’t Know Jacques!             


OPI - Peru-B-Ruby Nail Lacquer/Polish 


Peru-B-Ruby


OPI - I'm Not Really a Waitress Nail Lacquer/Polish


I’m Not Really a Waitress


All OPI color photos courtesy of beautysak.com.

No comments: