Friday, March 11, 2011

Puffs of Cotton


Happy Friday! I am so glad the weekend is here. And hopefully, based on temps they are reporting for today, spring is almost here as well. I am so ready! What I’m not ready for is the spring forward this weekend! I don’t know about you, but I hate losing my precious hour of sleep. I know, I know, I won’t be sleeping in the near future, but how am I supposed to rest if mother nature is taking that hour away? Who can I talk to about this?


Although I am working from home today, I decided to go ahead and shower, dress apply makeup and start the day fresh. I even made a Starbucks run before starting the work day! Later this evening I have a pedicure and possible dinner out, but since the Big 12 Tournament is currently taking place, I’m sure my husband will be glued to the TV. I may be spending my Friday night watching romantic comedies by myself.



I wanted to keep my look casual since I wasn’t really dressing for anyone or anything special today. The cardigan was the first thing I thought of, but what to wear underneath. I remembered this adorable t-shirt from last season and thought the puffs of cotton would look cute peeking out of the sweater. I wasn’t wrong, was I? What I really wanted to do was add red shoes to the look, but of the two red flats I own, my feet just weren’t interested! At this point, if the shoes isn’t a tennis shoe or a flat that is complete open at the vamp, I can’t get my foot in it. So, I opted for my new patent leather ones. 



Speaking of shoes, I decided if I can’t wear my heels on my feet, I’ll them around my neck! I got this adorable high heel necklace from Dogeared and their Sex and the City collection last year. I love this jewelry site. They are delicate pieces with the sweetest sayings. I have several pieces and find they make excellent gifts. I’ve only seen them carried at Nordstrom but I’m sure there are other retailers. Check out their website for the full line.

No comments: