Saturday, March 26, 2011

The Layered Effect


Jacket: Banana Republic; T-Neck: Land’s End; Sweater: Ann Taylor Loft Maternity; Jeans: Liz Lange for Target; Tennis Shoes: Diesel via TJ Maxx; Necklace: Banana Republic


Yesterday I took some time off in the afternoon and spent a few hours on the Plaza with my mom. We lunched at The Capital Grille, I shopped for a friend’s birthday and myself and then hit Gymboree for the Peanut. It may have been a little chilly, but I felt that a walk and fresh air would do me good and possibly help get that baby moving in the right direction. Well, the walk and fresh air were nice!


I didn’t want to lug a big coat out for the day so I decided to layer my look. I originally started with just the t-neck and jacket but decided I needed something a little warmer. I reached for the wrap sweater and thought the whole look came together at the last minute. And there’s that awesome necklace again! I got more compliments on it yesterday which only validated the purchase! I did feel a little under dressed for our lunch, but then I noticed grown men in Chief’s gear and another young girl in a hooded sweatshirt and my concerns flew out the window. The best thing about yesterday, every one who asked when I was due was shocked to hear my response. Makes a girl feel good about herself with a little over a week to go!

No comments: