Monday, March 7, 2011

The Necklace


Military Jacket: Banana Republic; T-neck: Ann Taylor; Jeans: A Pea in a Pod: Shoes: Jessica Simpson via Macy’s; Handbag: Jessica Simpson via Macy’s; Necklace: Banana Republic


Here it is folks! It’s the unveiling of the Banana Republic statement necklace. What do you think? I personally love it and you will see it again soon! You’ve seen this outfit before, however, I’ve changed a few things. Seen here. Okay, so they aren’t things you can tell right away, but I did make changes. For starters, I’m wearing a much thinner t-neck than originally worn. I wasn’t sure of the actual length of the necklace when paired with something other than t-shirts or scoops/v-necks so I went with a thin, cotton t-neck. I also changed out the jeans and boots. Those Gap maternity jeans are taking a hiatus, as are the boots! I can get the boots on, but Joel can’t get them off! It takes too much of an effort so I’ve moved on. Instead, I’m wearing a much more comfortable pair of jeans and a new pair of flats that was purchased over the weekend. 



My mom and I hit Macy’s shoe department last Friday over lunch and we hit it hard! I walked away with several pairs of flats to get me through the next month or so and to be honest, I have a feeling I will be wearing them for some time to come. They are really comfortable! Don’t tell my heels that though! They will start making their appearance here and there. And, did you notice my new handbag? That was a last minute purchase as we were leaving Macy’s. I love the nude color, I don’t have anything like it in my collection, and I was struck by the detail. It has a detachable shoulder strap, which I promptly removed, but it’s nice to have the option. It also came in a creamy white and beautiful lilac. I am so excited for spring!



Also, ladies, take note of the lipgloss. I’m wearing Mango-thon. I wore it all weekend and I know that sample isn’t going to last long. It’s just so neutral and goes with any makeup you’re wearing. And, I’m sporting my MAC Wonder Woman eye shadow today. With the large sunburst necklace and the superwoman shadow, I should be able to take this day on with gusto!


No comments: