Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Zoe Inspired

 Sweater: Ann Taylor (fun option); Top: JCPenney; Jeans: Loft (similar); 
Boots: Nordstrom (similar); Necklaces: The Zoe Collective/Stella & Dot (1/2);
 Hat: Target (similar); Lip Color: MAC Dark Side

I think I'm going through an identity crisis. You know how some people call it a mid-life crisis? Well, I'm calling it an identity crisis. I'm not sure I love my style anymore. I feel like I've been playing it safe. Using the stay-at-home mom status as my excuse to get away with boyfriend jeans and cute sweaters. Don't get me wrong, I love this look, but I think I need to amp it up every now and then.

I'm looking to my style guru, Rachel Zoe, for inspriation. She kills it in the mom department! Sure she's an A list stylist, designer, author, and the all around ultimate Mompreneur, but she's also someone I simply admire. I had a meeting last week to discuss some future projects and I wanted to look chic but casual. And no one does BOHO chic better than Zoe. I styled my look around one similar to hers and I love it. The over-sized hat adds so much flair, no? Take a look at Rachel's look below. Did I nail it?




The Inspiration! No one does BOHO chic better!

 
 The Sweater: Before and After

    http://akstylemyway.blogspot.com/2013/11/from-sunday-to-monday.html


 Sweater: Ann Taylor (fun option); Top: JCPenney; Jeans: Loft (similar); 
Boots: Nordstrom (similar); Necklaces: The Zoe Collective/Stella & Dot (1/2);
 Hat: Target (similar); Lip Color: MAC Dark Side

 It was snowing as we took these photos and I love that you can see tiny flake throughout some of the frames. Winter is not going to keep me from capturing some of my favorite looks over the next several months! Too many cute looks to show off before spring finally springs!

Hope you're staying warm and keeping it chic, Fashionista's!

As always, see something you like? Need it now? Shop the links!

Photo of Rachel Zoe courtesy of Zimbio.

No comments: