Friday, February 13, 2015

Friday Beauty - Red Lips

Finding the right red lipstick can be like finding a needle in a haystack. However, Gwen Stefani and Taylor Swift seem to have had zero problem finding their favorite! I used to be highly intimidated by lipstick, reds especially, but then my mom visited a MAC counter in the late 90s and brought home Del Rio. I was hooked! But just like finding your prince, you have to kiss a lot of toads! I've tried my fair share of red lipsticks, but I've finally found the four I wear the most. 

The trick to finding the right shade, is to pick one that doesn't appear to yellow your teeth when you smile. If it has even a hint of coral in tone, walk away! You want one with more of blue-red base. This will give you a darker sheen, but it will give you a 1,000 watt smile! Below are my four go-to reds! 

Left to Right:
L'Oreal Extraordinaire by Colour Riche in Ruby Opera
Clinique Long Last Lipstick in Red Drama
Clinique Different Lipstick in Angel Red
MAC Lipstick in Ruby Woo 

They range from sheer to full on color. The L'Oreal is the sheerest all of four. It's not sticky like a gloss, but goes on with that same gloss feel. Angel Red is also sheer, but with a little more color. Red Drama is full color that's deep in hue. And Ruby Woo is a matte that lasts all day, a ruby red, and MAC's number one selling red! I love it. I've put together a little collage below!


As for Taylor and Gwen? Taylor has been known to wear Lip Perfection Lipstick in Flame from Cover Girl. As for Gwen, she has used L’Oreal Infallible Le Rouge in Ravishing Red. Great drugstore brands that have already been color tested and approved!

Are you a red kind of girl? Want to be one? Start sheer, and if you love it, go bold! You won't regret it!

Happy Friday, Beauties

No comments: