Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Designer Series - Janna Conner Designs

 
I first discovered Janna Conner on Instagram with this awesome photo! I fell in love with the pyramid ring and nail art! I professed my love via a comment and an Instagram match was made. We've been following each other ever since. If you aren't following her, you should!

Janna's pieces are so unique, so charming, so chic, and so wearable. From earrings to necklaces to bracelets, and rings, each piece is as cool as the next. Janna is a native to Los Angeles, holds a degree in Chinese History from UCLA, lived in Hong Kong, travels to Paris to visit family, and travels throughout the rest of the world honing her philosophy and aesthetic for her jewelry designs. And, being a native Californian, her jewelry is inspired by the vivid colors and mutlicultural richness of her home state. She founded her company in 1999 where each piece is handcrafted  in her design studio using only high quality, semi precious stones and natural minerals. Her motto, "I design for women like myself who are influenced by trends yet are not ruled exclusively by them."

In my social media relationship with Janna, I asked her if she worked with bloggers who weren't local to Los Angeles, and when she said yes, I jumped at the chance to work together. I felt the need to introduce her, the company, and her work to all of you. Yes, her pieces are sold nationwide at Roseark, Kitson, Henri Bendel and Fred Segal, but we aren't home to any of those stores here in the Midwest. So the next best way to introduce her? Blog about her! Oh, and borrow an amazing pair of earrings, style them as many ways as I can in two weeks, and ship them safely home. 

I am wearing the Gold Jessamyn Earring which is made of Geode. Geode naturally varies in size, shape, and color. How amazing are they! The color is so rich and intense. The perfect hue to celebrate the week of love, no? And, what a great gift they would make! They aren't heavy at all. In fact, I hardly notice them on my ear. However, you will notice them due to how chic they are!



Janna Conner Designs has been featured in such publications as Glamour, Lucky, Instyle, Self, and The Knot. And, they have been seen on celebrities like Kate Bosworth, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Debra Messing, and Lauren Conrad. Pretty impressive! And now on Style My Way! 

Thank you Janna for loaning these gorgeous gems to me! I've thoroughly enjoyed styling them, especially during the special week leading up to Valentine's Day. Guys, if you don't have your special someone a gift, check these out! She won't be disappointed.  

Stay tuned this week as you will see other ways I've styled these beauties. I can't get enough of them! 

Photos courtesy of Richard Lawson.

No comments: