Monday, June 24, 2013

The Blouse Man


Top: LOFT; Jeans: LOFT; Shoes: Seychelles; Earrings: Gift
 
For me, there is something about a loud, floral print that screams summer! And, it reminds me of the fashion during the late 1960s. Peace, love and music. Why, isn't that the theme for Woodstock? It was actually Three Days of Peace and Music, which sound harmonious to me!
 
 
The late 1960s and early 1970s happen to be one of my all time favorite eras of fashion. The bold use of color and print, the ease in which everyone dressed, the incredible bell bottoms, platform shoes and the simplicity of styling that went along with it. It is honestly a time in fashion, and coulture, that I truly feel I missed!
 
This particular top reminds me of the movie A Walk on the Moon. As soon as I put it on, I immediately thought of the character Pearl, played by Diane Lane, and was pretty sure that this was something she would have worn in the movie. Especially if she had purchased it from the "Blouse Man". The "Blouse Man", played by Viggo Mortenson, traveled the country in his van full of blouses and stopped at vacation spots, like the one that Pearl and her family were staying at for the summer, and sold blouses. (A must see movie!)


 
Do you see the similarity and my inspiration?
 

 


 
 
Paired with my new favorite boyfriend jeans, a top knot and neutral sandals makes this a really relaxed look. It was perfect for our low key Sunday of breakfast out and grocery shopping.  
 
 
What inspires your shopping purchases? Do you fall in love with the design, the fabric or fit? Do you look to periods in fashion history? Or can a movie trigger a look? Let's discuss!
 
Happy Monday!
 
 

Image number one courtesy of  Wikipedia.
Image number two courtesy of  The Fan Carpet.
Image number three courtesy of Wikipedia.

No comments: