Wednesday, June 19, 2013

A Challenge, The Styling and You


Denim Shirt: Ralph Lauren; Skirt: LOFT; Shoes: Anthropologie; Handbag: Kate Spade;
My Mom's (vintage); Bangles: Ralph Lauren/Fossil/Target;
Necklace: Tori Spelling via HSN Belt; Sunnies: Prada
 
Sometimes it can be a challenge to re-work your wardrobe. But that's what I love about styling my closet! You need to think about your pieces and try to mix and match them in your head. Sometimes they work. Sometimes they don't. But that's the whole part of the creative process of styling!
 
 I knew I wanted to re-work this pencil skirt but couldn't get away from styling it with a denim jacket, see below. Then I remembered my sleeveless denim shirt. Then came the shoes. I didn't want a pump but honestly couldn't think of anything better. Then I remembered these! From there it all just came together. The belt, the jewels, the red lip....
 
That is what keeps me coming back to my blog! Sometimes I think I'm going to just give it all up. But I simply love the challenge of styling, and re-working my wardrobe, and I want to share all of these things with you!


 
The Skirt: Before and After

 
  

No comments: