Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Rain, the 60s and My Hunter's


Trench: Ann Taylor; Dress: Ann Taylor; Boots: Hunter via Nordstrom; Umberella: Target;
Bracelets: Silpada/DIY; Earrings: Silpada; Watch: Gucci (old)

The minute my hubby saw me in this dress he told me it looked like something straight out of Mad Men. I'll take it! I love a good shift dress and always think of the 60s when I wear one! This one is an oldie but goodie! I can't even remember when I purchased it, but it came from Ann Taylor at least five years ago or more. Gotta love a piece that stands the test of time. Same goes with a style that's been around for decades!
 
I've taken note of several bloggers I follow and how they pair their Hunter's with both dresses and skirts. I love the look but wasn't sure I could pull it off. It was a monsoon last Thursday and I wanted to be prepared. It was also muggy and I wanted the coolness of a dress. Throw on a modern take of the classic trench and I was ready to fight the elements!

 
 
I absolutely love this umbrella! The style is so vintage and I love that it's see-thru! Goes with everything!
 

 




3 comments:

Julia Bradbury said...

I love my Hunter Wellingtons and wear them a lot, not only in bad weather but when the sun shines too and my blog http://juliewearswellingtons.wordpress.com shows how good they look when worn with the right Outfit and seeing you with your Wellingtons on makes me very happy you look really adorable.
Julie
xx

Unknown said...

You look lovely and I like your Wellies they go well with your Dress.
Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Pretty! This was an incredibly wonderful article. Thanks for
supplying these details.

Feel free to surf to my weblog ... %anchor_text%