Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Impromptu Dinner Out - What to Wear?

 

Last Friday was a crazy day! I worked from home in the morning, so I could meet a plumber for the second time that week, and I took a half day off to get some stuff done around the house. All the while I had McKinley with me and I much preferred playing on the floor than the things I had to do! Joel got home from work early to mow the lawn, and thankfully my dad had come over to assist with photographs and could watch McKinley while Joel mowed and I ran an errand with my mom. See, CRAZY!
 
So by the time I got home, it was too late to start dinner so Joel suggested dinner out. Nothing fancy, just Red Robin. We love going because we love their burgers and McKinley is a huge fan of the macaroni and cheese. (Actually, he's a fan of anyone's macaroni and cheese!) So what does one wear to dinner when they haven't had a shower and been working around the house all day?
 
Here is my recipe for an impromptu dinner look. I am always in my favorite boyfriend jeans. And, I almost always have a striped shirt on hand. I added a scarf for texture, black/clear beaded bracelets in altnernating colors, flip flops because I had them on and my largest pair of sunnies to hide the fact I only had on mascara!


 
The Shirt and Scarf: Before and After
 
 

 What is your go-to look in a pinch? I was super happy with the way it all turned out. This is a classic look that can truly take you from homeward bound to a night out with the fam!



No comments: