Wednesday, March 20, 2013

When Life Hands You Lemons

When life hands me lemons, I go shopping! And when I go shopping, I seem to gravitate to my favorite relater, Ann Taylor. As of today, I am officially depressed over the weather. This time last week it was close to 60, I was at happy hour on the patio of Houlihan's and taking my son to the zoo on Friday because it was 80! Today, it is in the 20s, snow is heading our way tomorrow and supposedly hanging around until Monday. Seriously! The first day of spring has started off on the total wrong foot!

Because I'm officially depressed, I decided to start browsing Ann Taylor for some inspiration and some much needed retail therapy. What I wasn't expecting to find was the color yellow and how much I was going to love it! Whether it is in solids, or an amazing paisley print, I'm pretty sure my frown will turn upside with this cheery shade surrounding me! Check out some of my picks below.

The top on the right is currently hanging out in my shopping bag!


 

You know me and stripes! The top on the left is lovely and the color combo of yellow and gray is one of my favorites! And, I love the peplum top on the right. So on-trend!

 

These pants are also in my shopping bag!

 
 

I have no words for this lemon yellow jacket! Okay, maybe a few....darling, fresh and so spring!



 

I loved their perforated  bag from last season but never purchased it. I can see why! I was waiting for the yellow version to appear. So cute!

 


I honestly can't believe how my mood has been lifted by one pop of color. This version of yellow is sunny, warm and definitely a must needed color for my wardrobe!

No comments: