Monday, March 11, 2013

RZ - Spring 2013

I don't have to tell you all that I'm a huge fan of Rachel Zoe. As a matter of fact, you are probably tired of hearing it. Too bad! Today's post is all about her new Spring 2013 collection and all of the pieces I'm dying to add to my wardrobe.

If you tuned into her new season last week, you saw her runway show at Mercedes Benz Fashion Week. I had the opportunity to watch it on live stream the day it premiered. Watching it in real time and then to get a backstage pass by watching her show on TV was really cool. I loved hearing how she came up with the concept of the line. It was heavily inspired by Jane Birkin, an English actress during the 60s. Side note, she was also the inspiration behind the Hermes "Birkin" bag. Zoe also said "I just kind of wanted it to be an effortless cool, a tomboy chic, and have this casual sensibility, you know?" Watching Zoe style the looks was fascinating. I wish I had that creative outlook on my own closet. I also loved seeing the frenzy of backstage versus the calmness of the actual show! 
 
Her looks were very mod, a huge trend for spring, and a look that I so relate to. The use of black and white is so crisp and modern. The leather looks as smooth as butter and the green is so fresh. And I love the use of sequins for everyday looks. Check out her website to see how she styled the looks for the show. Amazing!

This is by far my favorite look! I love that it looks like a jumpsuit but the fact that it's separates is even better! So many different ways to wear each piece. An amazing investment!

 


 
 

Her accessories are amazing too. I'm dying to try her shoes. I love these black sandals but I also love the mesh bootie. Perfect for the transition from winter to spring.


I love a good hat! I would definitely wear these all spring and summer long!


In my opinion, Rachel Zoe is not only an amazing creative force when it comes to styling, she has solidified herself in the design world. Her clothing is relatable, wearable and totally worth the investment. They are timeless and must-haves for any wardrobe!

Photos of Rachel Zoe's collection courtesy of Nordstrom and Bergdorf Goodman.

No comments: