Friday, March 15, 2013

Mad for Mod

Dress: Banana Republic; Tights: ?; Shoes: Kate Spade (gift); 
Sunnies: MARC by Marc Jacobs via Rue La La (similar); Ring: Banana Republic (similar/final sale)

Banana Republic is at it again with their Mad Men inspired collection. When I got the flyer in the mail, I immediately fell in love with this dress! The print of the fabric, the key hole front, the fact that it's a shift...what's not to love. With the temps soaring into the 60s yesterday, it was a perfect day to finally pull it out of the closet. 

I will say a couple of things regarding the pairing on my part. I thought I had nude fishnets but couldn't find them anywhere. I was going to wear those with nude pumps, leaving the dress to be the focal point. Because I couldn't find the fishnets, I wore tights instead. And, because I'm wearing navy tights, I was truly stumped on what shoes to wear. You know how I hate trying to pair navy, so I never do, but these shoes came to mind. Not the right look at all. I didn't have time to revamp the look so I just went with it. See, it's all trial in error in this thing called fashion.

I can't wait to try this look again with bare legs, different shoes and possibly swapping out the self-belt for a thin metallic version. I love a dress with options!




 




Happy Friday!

No comments: