Thursday, March 7, 2013

Lounging

I spent the last two days at home with a very sick baby boy which means I spent the last two days in either ratty jeans and sweatshirts or pajamas. And, I spent the better part of those two days changing said clothing due to a very sick baby boy. Since I spent two days in grungy clothes, I started thinking about lounge wear, aka, pajamas. I'm not one for frilly pajamas. I live in cotton pajama sets. And, if I'm not wearing that, I'm in sweats and a long sleeved t-shirt. Totally romantic, right? 

I just have never been the type of girl to wear lingerie to bed. It's not practical, it's cold....it's just not me. With that being said, I do like pretty pajamas. I like comfy pajamas. I like lounging around in pajamas when I have the time. Especially on the weekends when I can curl up with a latte and watch my favorite cooking shoes on Food Network. (If I'm being honest, that doesn't usually happen until my son is taking a nap. That means I'm in whatever I will be wearing for the day and drinking nothing special.) 

So, what would I wear if I did have a Saturday morning to curl up on the couch with a latte and watch my cooking shows? Well, let me show you.

I love this black and white set from Nordstrom. So chic for sleepwear. I love the mix of patterns too. I'm afraid to attempt it in my everyday wear but will totally go for it in the privacy of my own home! Odd? Probably! 


Target is another go-to retailer when it comes to my pjs. Their Nick & Nora line is one of my favorites. I love these for their umbrellas and rain boots! Two of my fashion must-haves for rainy days!


I am all about themed pajamas as well. I have Christmas and Halloween flannel pants that I wear, well, on Christmas and Halloween. I wouldn't just save these for our anniversary, but so cute when trying to cuddle with my hubby while watching a movie.

 

Thermal pajamas are a must in winter. At least for me they are. I love the color and design of the ones on the left from Nordstrom. I also love that the sleeves come over the hand. Just another way to stay warm on cold nights. That Steve Madden can do it all! The wool leggings from Anthropologie would be perfect with a long, cozy sweater for days when you don't want to leave the house!

 
This pant from Lands End screams spring, something I can't wait for, so why not wear them now! I would pair them with a long sleeved top but switch it for a tank or tee later in the season.


What do you wear when you get a chance to lounge? Are you all girly and go for silk gowns or short sets? Or, are you more practical like me, and go for comfort and cute designs? Let's discuss!

No comments: