Thursday, March 14, 2013

Scarf Tying - A How To

I love scarves and have entirely too many. They're a great last minute addition to a look when you want a little something extra. They come in all lengths, colors, prints and are relatively in expensive. Totally worth investing in if you don't already own one....or some.

I'm constantly being asked how I tie my scarves. Sometimes, depending on the brand, they will provide you a little tutorial attached to the tag. But, a picture of the end result is not what I consider a tutorial! So, I decided to take four of my favorite versions, photograph the steps, and try to provide a Tying How To. Here are two.

A Simple Loop:

This is quite possibly the easiest way to tie a scarf. 

Take your scarf and hold full length in front of you.

 Gather the scarf together.
 

Fold the scarf in half to create a loop at one end.

 
Wrap the new scarf length around your neck.


Take the loose ends of the scarf and bring them through the loop.


 Fluff and go!
 

The Wrap:

This is another super simple way to tie a scarf. And, my go-to look when I want a lot of volume. There are a lot of instructions so follow closely.

Take you scarf and wrap it around your neck.


Take both sides of the scarf and cross them over one another. Wrap the ends around your neck.


 Cross both sides of the scarf over one another again.


Bring them around to the front. Cross both sides of the scarf over one another again.


 Take one end and bring it up through to complete.



 Again, fluff and go!


There are two more I want to show you but will save that for another post. They aren't timely or complicated. I just felt like I had too long of a post already! I maybe should have made this a three part series. Actually, I will make this a two part series and post the other two versions next week. I want to keep you coming back for more! 

What are your thoughts on the How To? Simple? Too many steps? Did it help? Let me know! I really want to hear your feedback!

No comments: