Friday, March 22, 2013

Embellishments - Part II

  Remember back in February when I blogged about embellishments? And because they were on-trend I made my own. Well, they are back for spring and better than ever! I am loving the styles that J.Crew has created! The high neck, sleeveless top is my all time favorite but can't decide between white or chambray. However, I love the sweaters as well. The collar is removable on the linen sweater and both options mean you don't have to think about your jewelry.

 




Over at Piperlime, the embellishments are in greater detail. The beaded tank is perfect for day to night. Perfect under a black blazer for work. Remove it for a Friday Happy Hour and add a bold red lip. Same goes the Kate Spade sleeveless blouse.  

 
As you can see, the sweaters are super versatile. Cute with shorts for early spring but dramatic when paired with skinnies. The scattered beading on the shoulder is so amazing! Talk about bling!


 This time around, I'm thinking I will invest in my embellishments as my skills in sewing are pretty 101. So glad the trend is still hot for spring. I was never one for the Beadazzled look of the 90s but love the chicness of 2013!

No comments: