Tuesday, March 12, 2013

An Illusion

Sweater: French Connection via Rue La La (similar); Pants: Ann Taylor (similar); Scarf: Target
Shoes: Dolce Vita; Sunnies: ?; Bracelets: Silpada; Lip Color: NARS Shanghai Express

I love my new scarf! Last Friday I had to make two trips to Target and was alone on the second trip. A mini vacation, right? While waiting for McKinley's prescription, I had 10 minutes to wander the store. And wander I did! I wound up in the accessories aisle and found this sweet scarf. I loved that it was navy, a color I didn't have, and it's covered with little red birds. You know my bird fetish. Hate them in real life, love them in fashion. 

I wore it over the weekend with a cream fisherman sweater and boyfriend jeans. I loved how casual the look was and how the scarf just added a little something extra. Because I wanted to make the scarf the focal point in this look, I decided to wear all winter white. The scarf gives the look a rich color it needs and the red shoes, well I just love them!



Styling note: If you want to look tall and thin, not that I'm saying I'm thin, but wear all one color from head to two. It gives the illusion of being both! I wouldn't say wear lime green head to toe. Maybe stick with black, gray and winter white!


 



2 comments:

Tina Morrison said...

I think you look really thin! I love this look. How do you tie the scarf?

Style My Way said...

Thanks for the sweet comment! As for the scarf, it is so simple! Lay scarf out flat. Take the opposite corners of the scarf, bring them together and tie a small knot. This will give you a large circle. Place the scarf around your neck and continue to wrap the scarf, about three times around, and fluff. I will definitely blog about different ways to tie scarves soon! Hope that helps!