Friday, July 29, 2011

Lemon Drop

Top: Ann Taylor; Sweater: Target; Jeans: Joe's Jeans via Anthropologie
Shoes: RAZ gift; Ring: Tori Spelling Jewelry via HSN; Belt: My Mom's

Doesn't a lemon drop sound good? It's Friday and you know what that means...jeans day!!! All week I've been putting my outfits together the night before to make things easier for the next morning and I've really enjoyed exploring my closet. Usually, I'm scrambling to put something together that morning and I'm not wearing everything I own. I'm still not quite there, but I'm getting better!

I paired navy and yellow earlier this spring (seen here). I love the color combo. Yellow is such a cheery color! Maybe I should have saved this look for a Monday since everyone is pretty cheery on a Friday! The top, at this point, cannot be worn alone because it makes my chest look enormous! That little McKinley has ruined my bust line, for now! Anyway, I knew I needed to layer with a sweater and I originally planned to wear a navy cardigan until I remembered this one sitting on the kitchen table! I know, who needs a cardigan in this heat, but the office is freezing! I'm an icicle by 9:00!

I purchased this little yellow cardigan for a skirt that my mom is going to make me. I can't wait to introduce it. I might take a pic of the fabric and pattern as a teaser! Anyway, I didn't own a yellow cardigan and it took me forever to find one! I can never find what I'm looking for when I have it envisioned in my mind. I need to take a pattern making class and a class on how to use my fancy sewing machine so I can just whip up my creations! Next career path, Andrea the seamstress!


Does anyone who grew up in the 80s remember these belts? You bought these strips of faux leather in a rainbow of colors and the belt clips came in all different designs. Well, my mom kept hers! I couldn't believe it. She only has the navy leather and the lady bug clips but still! This is truly vintage! Now, if we could find her wide, cream leather belt and my aunts tortious shell watch....
  

This is a new ring that was just added to my Tori Spelling jewelry collection. I love it!! The story behind the ring is so sweet too. Her dad used to wear a gold nugget ring every single day so she wanted to make something that replicated his. Of course I'm sure his wasn't this big and was made of real gold, but the sentiment is what makes the ring. I just love the chunkiness!


I took a picture of these shoes (seen here) several months ago but you couldn't really see the detail. Broad daylight really helps! Just like my clothing, I'm trying to wear all the shoes in my closet. I paid for them, right? Why should they just sit in boxes or hang in shoe bags because I have so many and forget what I have, right? Maybe I've admitted too much about my shoe fettish...

I am so happy that it's Friday! I hope you all have a fabulous weekend! I know I will! Lot's planned and a cute outfit will be worn on Sunday! Photos to come...

No comments: