Monday, July 4, 2011

Patriotic Look - Take One

Sweater: INC via Macy's; Tank: Old Navy; Jeans: Ann Taylor Loft;
Shoes: Toms via Nordstrom; Necklace: Adina;  Earrings: Silpada;
Bracelet Set: Target; Top Bracelet: My Mom's

With it being the Fourth of July weekend, it is a perfect excuse to pull out all of your red, white and blue pieces and wear them together. No, yesterday wasn't the actual fourth, but I wanted to get a head start. It was a rainy morning, but by mid afternoon the sun came out causing a steam bath. I regretted the sweater choice outdoors. It was, however, perfect for the air conditioned grocery store and my parents cool house.

With a sweater of this volume, you need to be careful when pairing it with our bottoms. Too much volume on top and bottom can cause you too look larger than you actually are. The slim cut of the boyfriend jeans worked well and the fitted tank top continued the silhouette.


I love the look of stacked bangles and this combination was perfect! The top bangle, furthest away from my wrist, was actually my mothers from the 70s. Since she no longer sports this piece, I decided I needed it for my collection. The remaining bangles were purchased as a set and not heavy at all. They just add a little something to the overall look.


Now, this is a shoe purchase I can get behind, as I hope you can as well. Toms is a company dedicated to giving a pair of shoes to a child in need. So, with every purchase of a Toms shoe you too are giving a child a new pair of shoes! As of September 2010, Toms has donated over 1,000,000 pairs of shoes to children in need all over the world! Visit their website for more information regarding this incredible mission. See, my shoe obsession is doing some good!

No comments: