Tuesday, July 26, 2011

A Hint of 80s

Dress: Calvin Klein via Rue La La; Shoes: Guess via DSW;
All Jewelry: Silpada

Although I'm trying new things with my wardrobe, I still like to refer back to my classics. Everyone needs to try and break up the mononity, but at the same time, you should wear what you love! I love a sheath dress and I wore this last season. Apparently, I didn't blog about the look so I will tell you how I paired it. I wore my fuchia Jimmy Choo pumps and layered three different necklaces of silver and CZ stones. This time around, I tried to be a little more funky in my accessories without taking away from this specific look.


This necklace is one of my favorites! I love the chunkiness, the multi-layers and the blend of mixed materials. This is the type of piece that can be paired with dressy and casual looks. Actually, my mom has a friend who has worn hers with a bathing suit while cleaning her pool! True story!! See, you can take accessories in so many different directions! Actually, this would be darling with a coverup pool side with a cocktail in hand! 


These shoes are the hint of 80s I was referring to with my post title. So fun!! (Emily Burns, I immediately thought of you!) Don't you remember pairing neons as your color block? I sure do! I had a faux leather snap together belt in orange, lime green and bright yellow that slung low on the hip. LOVED IT!!! So wish I had held onto things like that. Everything old is truly new again. Also, the nude body of the shoe allows me to pair them with just about anything.



Ladies, remember when I talked about my unmentionables? Well, I'm wearing them under this dress and there isn't a hint of a VPL! These panties are sheer genius! Honestly, check them out! So comfy and truly seamless! Best of both worlds!!!

1 comment:

Kel said...

This outfit is so chic and you are totally rocking it!


Lots of love from Sydney,

x Kel

totally seeing red