Thursday, June 9, 2011

Hot Summer Night

Top: Anthropologie; Tank: Ann Taylor Loft; Jeans: Ann Taylor Loft;
Shoes: RAZ via Anthropologie;
Coin Bracelet: My Mom's; Bangles: Ralph Lauren

I have been cleaning out my closets like mad over the past couple of weeks only to make room for either new summer things or the items I just pulled out of storage. Guess what? My closets are packed to the brim again. I'm not proud of it, I'm just stating a fact. While making room for new items, I "found" these shoes given to me for Easter. And when I say found, I mean that they were in a gift bag that still had all my Easter gifts in it. I immediately planned my outfit around the shoes.

We were heading out to dinner with my mom and a good friend so I wanted something casual yet a little dressy. The lacy top was as close as I could find to the one I blogged about from K-mart and I paired it with a navy cami. I wanted the navy from the tank to play off of the navy in the shoes. The dark wash capri jeans completed the look.



                
During a recent shopping trip to Ann Taylor, I contemplated purchasing a coin bracelet I had been eyeing when I remembered a coin bracelet I used to wear of my moms. I immediately put down the one from Ann Taylor and begged my mom to find hers. She did and I love it even more then the chunky one I thought I had to have. The multi-bangles compliment the look well, I think.


As most of you readers know, it has been unseasonably hot here in KS. It's not usually this hot and muggy until at least July. With that being said, I've been wearing my hair up a lot! I get tired of a high ponytail and one placed at the nape of my neck, so I played with bobby pins on this particular day! All you need is a rubber band and five bobby pins to achieve the look. If you don't have curly hair, like myself, add a wave enhancing spray gel to wet hair and scrunch. Then, take the front strand of hair, twist and secure with two pins. Pull your hair back in a loose ponytail and gather hair around the elastic, don't twist, and secure with the remaining pins. I plan to keep experimenting, but will sport this "do" often!

No comments: