Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Andy Sachs Inspired

Dress: Ann Taylor Loft: Tank: Ann Taylor;
Shoes: Steve Madden Luxe via DSW
Necklace in Photo: Made by Me; Pendant: Lord &Taylor

When I first spotted this dress I immediately thought of the dress that Andy Sachs wore in The Devil Wears Prada and from there this look was born! As you can see from the images below, the look was inspired by hers, not a direct copy. I searched high and low for my black tank with lace trim and I can only surmise that I gave it away. Darn the luck! Instead, I paired my cream, lace tank for a lighter look. My dress is a self-tied version so a heavy belt like hers might not work. I will have to play around though. I might be able to hide the ties underneath. An experiment to come!

 



I remembered that she wore two brush gold necklaces and I know my photo only shows one. That's because my other necklace was waiting for me at my mom's house. A gift from her that arrived yesterday and it's currently around my neck. It's an "M" pendant for McKinley and I love it! Imagine the "M" sitting just above the other necklace. I like the look and will post a photo later!

initial pendant-lord taylor 14 kt gold initial m pendant necklace

As for the shoes, I honestly can't remember what she wore, but I had two styles in mind. These won! I really liked the camouflage look of these with the olive green. It adds just a hint of color since the dress and cami are so low key. I know you're thinking, those shoes add color, but just trust me. The texture of the water color design really does add something. You also saw them this past fall/winter here.

Do movies inspire your fashion looks? If so, which ones and why?


Photo One courtesy of The Sobering Conclusion
Photo Two courtesy of Xanalicious

No comments: