Friday, September 12, 2014

Dream to Reality - Altuzarra for Target

There is a new designer coming to Target for a limited time and his name is Joseph Altuzarra. And if you aren't familiar with this work, you need to be! He launched is line in New York in 2008, was awarded the CFDA Swarovski Award for Womenswear Design in 2012 and the CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Award in 2011. In 2014, he was awarded the CFDA Womenswear Designer of the Year Award.

Altuzarra is known for sexy designs, structured envelope skirts, and crisp blouses that are unbuttoned down to there. His spring collection for 2015 is amazing! High slit skirts, un-buttoned cardigans and low cut v-necks that leave little to the imagination, slim cut pants and skin tight sheaths that are just a few of his signature details. And for his Target collection, there is much of the same. The line will have roughly 50 pieces, and includes women's ready-to-wear, lingerie, accessories, and shoes priced between $17.99 to $89.99. The collection hits Target stores, Target.com and Net-A-Porter (which will make the collection available to international shoppers) on September 14. And as always, I've picked a few of my favs to share with all of you!

I love this LBD! And what I love most is the wrap neckline, signature high slit, and gold embroidered cranes on the shoulder. This definitely sets itself apart from all other LBD's hanging in your closet. 

I love a good snake skin print and this button down is so luxe. I also love that it's a bow tie neckline. The black skirt is simply classic.


 Who doesn't need a ruby red velvet blazer? That's right, we all do! I can't wait to get my hands on this piece. It will be amazing with dark skinny jeans and the over-the-knee boots seen below!


And while I'm talking about blazers, let's turn our attention to these great coats! Remember that Rachel Zoe coat I blogged about last year and found an equivalent at H&M? Well here's your chance to pick up another equivalent. And you know how I feel about faux fur! This little black number is so chic! 



Back to the blazer and snake skin. The blouse wasn't bold enough? Go for this one!  


 Okay, the belt. This belt is everything! And what a waist it will create. A definite must have. And if you don't already own an over-the-knee boot, then you need to own this one. And yes, I do own a pair and will own these as well! So maj!


And lastly, this maxi. Is it a gown? Is it simply a maxi? I don't even think it deserves a label. What it deserves is space in my closet! The bold orchid print, the low V neckline, and the accordion pleats all make for a timeless dress. And I love that it's long sleeved. It makes it that much more sultry!



So what do you think of the collection? Is it one you will invest in? If so, what piece(s) are your favorites? I can't wait to share what I'm actually able to get my hands on! Stay tuned....


No comments: