Tuesday, September 9, 2014

"On the Atchison, Topeka, and the Santa Fe"

Sweater: Anthropologie (similar/fun option); Tee: Target; Jeans: Ann Taylor (similar);
Sneakers: Jack Parcell (similar); Hat: Standard Style (similar); 
Necklaces: The Zoe Collective/Stella & Dot (1/2)

We spent some time down on the Union Station tracks while in St. Louis. My son loves trains and loved that he could see these in real life. I have always wondered what it would be like to ride a train. You know, back in the day when everyone dressed up to ride the train, eat off of china and use real silver, and have cocktails at the bar. It just sounds fabulous. Not like it was depicted on the Sex and the City episode when Carrie and Samantha took the train to San Francisco.

It turned super cool on Saturday, with rain to boot, so we headed for cover and Union Station. I packed this awesome blanket sweater because it is the ultimate layering piece! It's just so cool! And when paired with boyfriend jeans, Converse sneaks, and a fedora, you feel cool too!

 
 


The Sweater: Before and After

http://akstylemyway.blogspot.com/2014/08/my-booties-with-cut-offs.html


Would you like to take the train on your next vacay? I say, all aboard!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a fun time with the fam! I went on a trip on a train once - and I wish it would have been like it was back in the day. But if I remember correctly - it was a lot like the Sex and the City experience. haha Anyways your sweater is adorable and would be a perfect travel sweater!

xo,
cait

http://gussied-up.blogspot.com