Monday, September 29, 2014

Bubbly and Bow Ties

Dress: Marchesa Notte (similar/similar); Heels: Steven by Steve Madden (option/option); 
Bag: Kate Spade
 

Last week I had the honor of attending some really exciting events leading up to all the runway shows for KCFW! Wednesday was a cocktail party where black tie attire was required. I've personally never attended a black tie event so I was thrilled for this opportunity! Then I started asking myself, what does one wear to a black tie event? Does it have to be black? Does it have to be floor length? 

I decided to go out on a limb. I wore a shorter length dress, that was on the cocktail side, and went for full on color. I'm so glad I did. However, when I walked in the room everyone was wearing black. I felt like I stood out like a sore thumb. Eventually, others arrived in various colors so I didn't feel like odd man out.  


 
 


When you think of black tie, what's the first thing that comes to mind? Would you have worn floor lengthy black or gone for a little more cocktail and bold color? Do you think I made the right choice? Personally, I can't think of a better look for me!


Photos Courtesy of Erin Barnes of Pretty, Polished, Perfect!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I loved this color on you and I had so much fun sitting with you at the Friday night event. Hope that heel is on it's way to the "doctor's office" ;)

26 and Not Counting