Friday, September 19, 2014

Styling My Looks for KCFW

 Next week begins Kansas City Fashion Week and I'm so excited to be a part of media again! And, I'm super excited to attend as many events as possible throughout the week! There is literally something to do every night of the week and I can't wait to get started! 

I took a minute, or well over an hour, to pull all of my looks together and I can report that only two new pieces were purchased my me! My sweet aunt purchased this skirt, in navy, for me as an early birthday gift, and the rest of the looks came directly from my closet! Some are repeat pieces and that's totally fine. I've re-worked them and have created, in my opinion, some really great ensembles for the week ahead. 

I am, however, in the market for a few accessories. I would love a new nude shoe for the cocktail party. The one I currently own is a little chunky and I would love a more "not really there" pair. I would love to get my hands, and shoulder, on a new, sturdier, tote. I have several that don't contain a reinforced bottom. Meaning, everything collects at the bottom which makes the tote heavier than it should be. And, I would love one in a really neutral tone, like gray. A statement earring is so on-trend right now and could take the place of a necklace with some of the prints I'm wearing. And, if I'm not wearing the earrings, I'm thinking either a chunky ring or an amazing arm cuff. Lastly, with all the different colors and textures, a nude lip would really keep things subtle. Plus, that lip color is totally on trend for fall.

So with all the being said, here are few of the things I'm honing in on for next week!


I can't wait to share with you all the details around KCFW and all the looks I've put together! Such amazing things ahead! 

Happy Friday!
XOXO

No comments: