Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Chick Events at Park Place


Last weekend was the first annual Chick Events at Park Place in Leawood. Chick Events are “pop-up” marketplace events and they already have a holiday event planned for November! Their events include hand-selected juried vendors, unique event venues, food, and music that create event experiences unlike any other. And this past weekends event hosted 80 local vendors specializing in handmade, homemade, art & vintage products.

I attended the event on Saturday with my mom and son and the three of us had so much fun! We wandered in and out of tents, chatted with the vendors, dined on the patio of Pig and Finch at lunch, and McKinley colored in the kids activity booth. Below, I have highlighted my favorite vendors!


The Rumpled Nest was darling and probably my favorite booth! Located in Weston, MO, it offered vintage finds and the most amazing windowed doors! I am still obsessing over them and wondering how I can get to Weston to scoop them up. Now, where would I put them in the house??


See the sweet door on the right? It comes complete with glass door knobs! (Its mate was on the other side of the booth, but trust me, it's equally as cute!)


This is Tammy Smith Designs and I'm pretty sure I could have purchased one of everything! She sketches everything and I love how personal it is. The entire line of Kansas City products would make the best gifts! I especially love the tea towel!




LeRoy Grubbs is a ceramic artist who offered pottery, clay stamps, and allowed anyone passing by to experience the pottery wheel! The pieces were simple yet elegant.



Swash Soap Company is located here in Kansas City and it was one of the best smelling booths! They offer handmade soaps in unique scents and I wanted to get my hands on all of them....pun intended!


 
 
Ngan Vuong is the designer behind the handmade jewelry line NV Designs and is located in Kansas City, KS! And I just happen to know Ngan via Instagram! I loved meeting her in real life and seeing her pieces up close and personal. The collection ranges from simple, to complex, to so lady like! I'm obsessed with these bracelets and I think any, or all, would look amazing on the wrist! 

 



It was such a great day and I was so honored to be there covering the event for the blog! If you missed this one, check out their website for any and all upcoming events! I can't wait to see what they have to offer for the holidays!



No comments: