Friday, September 26, 2014

A Beauty Refresh from Dior


 As most of you know, this week is Kansas City Fashion Week, and as part of the media, I have been invited to several events leading up to the weekend of shows. What an honor!! Wednesday night was a cocktail party at the Paolini Garment Company on the Plaza, where cocktail attire was a must, and what an amazing evening it was! They served champagne, Kansas Clean Distilled Whiskey cocktails, and offered a complimentary Dior makeup bar for touch ups and tutorials, all while a DJ kept the party vibe going strong!

Before snapping some blog pics with Erin of Pretty, Polished and Perfect, I decided to hit the Dior makeup bar for that much needed touch up. Little did I know, I was going to get the royal Dior treatment! What started out as a foundation touch up, with the use of the Airflash foundation in 302 from Belinda, turned into a full on make-over and tutorial from Erik Martinez the local Dior Account Manager. He was amazing! Incredibly informative, extremely knowledgeable of the products, and so personable! Erik created a flawless look that had me wanting him on speed dial for all my daily makeup needs. Below is a little photo step by step of all the things he did and the products he used.

Here is Belinda applying the Airbrush foundation. This foundation gives you the look of an airbrushed application, but it's really just a manually applied product. It felt so silky on my skin, not tight like some foundations can feel. 

 

Here Erik is applying the Skinflash concealer to my very tired, very dark circled eyes! He told me to use a brush only. Applying with your finger tips is simply removing the product. You can bring it down as low as your check bones for coverage. This stuff gave me a glow I haven't seen in about 15 years!

 

 

He gave me a J.Lo glow with the use of the Glow Maximizer. This stuff was amazing! My face lite up after the application! He contoured my cheek bones by using Sunset Highlight Powder in 004 on my actual cheek bones and Rosy Glow Blush on the apples of my cheeks. Word to the wise, only apply blush to the apples of your cheeks and no further! I'm guilty of that! This is definitely a tip I will use go forward!

 

Here we are looking at the Lip Glow lipbalm. The lipbalm is a made-to-measure lip balm that beautifies and durably enhances the lips’ natural color. It was so glossy and soft. Not stiff and sticky like some balms can be. He then applied their Lip Maximizer over the balm. It's a lip volumizer, but nothing like those lip plummers from about 10 years ago!


Lastly, Erik updated my eyes! He used an Artpen, a gel liner that created a thick, bold line and finished it all off with the Blackout Mascara. My lashes looked so thick and full!  


As you can see, the time spent at the makeup bar was so much fun! 


And here is the end result! I think I look so pretty and it's all thanks to Belinda, Erik, and those amazing Dior products!!


Happy Friday!! I hope you have a fabulous weekend! I can't wait for mine! So excited to spend time with friends, bloggers, fashionistas, and some amazing designers!

No comments: