Tuesday, May 27, 2014

The Perfect Camo Shorts

 Jacket: Wrangler (my mom's/similar); Tee: Gap
Shorts: Made by Me (Simplicity Pattern 7655/similar); Sandals: Target (similar); 
Belt: J.Crew Factory (similar); Bag: Steve Madden (similar); 
Shades: MARC by Marc Jacobs;  Necklace: Gift; Hat: Arden B; 
Lip Color: Laura Geller Beauty Watermelon Cooler

I have been searching for anything camo since my On the Hunt post last month. I finally found the perfect camo print shorts because I found the fabric at Jo-Ann's and made them myself!! That's right, I made these shorts. These are actually the second pair I've made, I just haven't worn the original creation yet!

My mom and I purchased a Simplicity pattern years ago and made this skirt. We have been in the process of making a second skirt for over two years now but the fabric scares us! We're so fearful of not getting the pattern exactly right when we cut and we know we can't replace the fabric. This pattern also offers pants, shorts, and three versions of a skirt. So, we cut out the shorts pattern, whipped these up, cut off miles of fabric (the pattern calls for a Bermuda style) and here they are! I LOVE THEM!



This is how I styled it for an afternoon at the Deanna Rose Farmstead. A simple white tee, a little black belt to dress up the elastic waistband, and my trusty cross-body bag! A hat to ward off the sun and cute sandals finish off the look.




Hope you guys had an awesome holiday weekend! We did! Oh, and these shorts were the first thing I packed for our trip! So chic, no?

No comments: