Monday, May 19, 2014

Ladies Who Lunch

 Top: Joie via Piperlime (similar); Tank: Target; Skirt: ASOS
Heels: Manolo Blahnik (gift); Necklace: Ann Taylor (similar); Shades: MARC by Marc Jacobs;
Lip Color: MAC Ruby Woo

Last Monday I met my girlfriend Kristina for lunch and what a lunch it was! We haven't seen each other in roughly seven years so there was lots to discuss. We met at her current "office" for lunch, a private jewelry store called VanBrock. The store is by appointment only, but I was lucky enough to nab an invite, and it's gorgeous.

Because I was meeting at such an exclusive and elegant establishment, I felt I needed to dress the part. I reached for my red midi skirt, my go-to for any dressy occasion these days, but I continue to struggle when it comes to styling this particular piece. I've been debating on whether I should pair it with this black lace top, and I'm not quite sure why I waited. I love the look! I added gobs of pearls (it's actually one piece), black patent Mary Janes, and my day clutch. Here's to the ladies who lunch!
 

 

The Top: Before and After

http://akstylemyway.blogspot.com/2013/09/leather-lace.html


Happy Monday! Stay chic this week!
XOXO

No comments: