Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Kendra's Fashion Challenge


 A couple of weeks ago, I received an email from Kendra Thornton inviting me to participate in her "Kendra's Fashion Challenge" and it didn't take me but a second to say yes! Kendra Thornton founded Thornton Public Relations LLC in April 2005 in an effort to bring strategic and low cost public relations to start-up and established travel, consumer and technology companies. Prior to that, Kendra was the Director of Corporate Communications at Orbitz.com, one of the nation’s largest travel agencies. She was responsible for the company’s external communications strategy and program execution. Oh, and did I mention she comes from a long line of travel agents and has been traveling since she was three months old? Pretty impressive, no?

For "Kendra's Fashion Challenge", Kendra is heading to NYC which just happens to be my favorite city! She wants to put together the perfect wardrobe and one of the looks is for an evening out on the town. Kendra is staying at the Dream New York Hotel, and by the looks of it, Dream is the perfect name for this placel! Kendra will be dining at Serafina Broadway, which is attached to the Dream hotel. Post dinner, she will be attending a Broadway show. (Wish I knew which one! I'm living vicariously through this challenge!)

Based on the evenings events; the restaurant, the hotel, and the city, I've come up with four looks for Kendra. Honestly, I loved each piece so much that I couldn't decide on just one! This is the stuff dreams, and stylists, are made of. I will walk you through each look, provide a brief description around the look, and the designer of each piece.

 Kendra's First Look:
As a frequent Style My Way reader, you know how much I love a jumpsuit! They are slick, chic, and so elegant. I took an edgier approach to this look because the hotel and restaurant appear trendier than traditional. The BCBG Max Azria jumpsuit is amazing! I love the mesh panel along the neckline, the nipped waist, and wide legs. I paired it with on-trend Rebecca Minkoff white pumps with black accents. I just love the idea of white peeking out of the pant leg. Keeping with trends, I added the Hermes ear cuff from BaubleBar. I recently purchased this cuff and can't wait to wear it. I would suggest Kendra wearing her hair up to show off, not only the strong neckline of the jumpsuit, but the ear cuff as well. Because the ear cuff is a big statement, I added a simple bracelet at the wrist. This one from J.Crew is darling! This sweet flower is like a modern day wrist corsage. Lastly, I added a little pop of color to the overall look with this Clare V clutch. I am in love with this look!


Kendra's Second Look:
There are so many things I love about this look and it all starts with this darling LBD (little black dress). This Trina Turk dress is made of simple cotton and nylon, but looks like a luxe version of leather. Again, I went with the incredibly chic Rebecca Minkoff pumps, but this time I went with a Milly silver, metallic clutch. I want the dress to really be the focal point so very little color is needed. I went with a statement earring from BaubleBar in black, crystal and mint. They are incredibly neutral, but add quite a bit of bling to the look. And if it's chilly in the restaurant, or the theater, I added a little white jacket from Rachel Zoe. I think the contrast will be so stunning.

 


Kendra's Third Look:
I love a maxi dress and this Hive & Honey dress combines all elements of a dress that I love. I'm obsessed with a Chevron print, but I really like that it's broken up by a solid, drapey top. And the contrasting waistband will create the tiniest of waists! Again, because the dress is the focal point, I kept everything else fairly minimal. The statement earrings from BaubleBar create a little drama, while the Kate Spade bracelet adds a little shimmer. Talk about shimmer, these B Brian Atwood pumps are a great neutral. (Side note, I wear my silver pumps with just about everything.) I went with the Clare V royal blue clutch for that little hint of color. Okay, a bold hint of color, but it totally completes this look, no?


Kendra's Fourth Look:
I went in a totally different direction with this look. The LWD (little white dress) is a big trend right now so I decided I needed to incorporate it. The bell sleeves, lace, and scalloped hemline of this Cynthia Vincent dress make it a true contender for the challenge. I really went with a no-fuss styling as the dress speaks volumes alone. I chose a simple Manolo Blahnik sandal in contrasting black and white. I just loved the tiny ankle strap and thin white strap across the toe. So elegant! With a slight V at the neck, I thought this Kate Spade necklace was a perfect fit. And because the necklace makes such a statement, small studs, also Kate Spade, are all you need. Lastly, I went with a small black clutch from Vince Camuto. No need for color. Just a simple bag for all your evening essentials.



 
So these are my picks for Kendra and her "Kendra's Fashion Challenge". I personally can't pick a favorite. Okay, I totally have a favorite, but I will let you and Kendra decide! I have thoroughly enjoyed putting this NYC style board together. If this is what it means to be a full-time stylist, sign me up! 

I hope Kendra has a fabulous time in the city that never sleeps. It's been three years since I've been and I'm dying for a trip soon. And if I were to go, these are all looks I would definitely add to my suitcase. 

Safe and stylish travels, Kendra!

No comments: