Friday, May 3, 2013

First Fridays - What to Wear?

 Today is the first Friday in May which means it's First Fridays in the Crossroads District. Here in Kansas City, First Fridays is an evening where art galleries, retailers and other participating venues showcase local artists and their work. My dad will be showing a couple of pieces of photography this evening, along with other students from his photography class, and I can't wait to attend his first showing! This is a huge deal!

And, because it's a night out in a really cool part of the city, I have to look the part! However, Mother Nature is so not cooperating with it being the third of May! It is in the high 30s/low 40s today and there is a dusting of snow on the ground! I'm not going to let that stop me though! I will try to keep an air of spring while trying to stay warm. I have pulled together three looks that I'm thinking of wearing. Take a look below to see what I've got in mind.

Look Number One

I ordered this dress months ago from Piperlime and it arrived earlier in the week! When I tried it on for Joel he told me he thought it was fancy, which I guess it is, but I see it being a dress you can wear for any event. Like First Fridays! I love the vibrant orange and Equestrian print. And the all over according pleat makes it so unique.
 


I have come up with two ways of styling the dress and I love both! Actually, the only thing that changes is the jacket! With either the cream leather or denim jacket, tall Equestrian boots and bronze accessories this dress will stay the focal point.



Look Number Two

My second look is a little darker and a little more laid back. I wish this had photographed exactly how royal blue the jacket is, but trust me, it's royal! And amazing! A gift from my mom, I've worn it a handful of times over the latter part of winter and will continue to wear it in the spring. 

For tonight, I would pair it with a thin, black tee, skinny jeans and my peep toe, ankle booties. A chunky black necklace and fun clutch complete the city vibe of this look!


 Look Number Three

While I was planning the above looks, this shows up in the mail! I ordered this dreamy jumpsuit from Anthropologie on Tuesday and its on my doorstep on Friday. Good work, Anthropologie! I quickly took photos, couldn't get it to hang right, and will pair it with the denim collection I have planned with the dress. I couldn't have styled it any better!




Any thoughts on the looks I've styled? Does one stand out more than the others? First Friday's appropriate or just trying too hard?

Happy Friday!!XOXO

2 comments:

Marcy Appl said...

I needed this. I have a date for the first time in years and have NO idea what to wear. Now I do... a little. It's pretty cold for your outfits! :)

Style My Way said...

I am so glad this post was helpful! Let me know what you end up wearing! Happy New Year!
XOXO