Thursday, November 1, 2012

L-U-V Madonna


That's right! My hubs and I attended the Madonna concert earlier this week and it was amazing! A music icon who has been reinventing herself and her music for over 30 years and we've followed her every step of the way. The only thing we didn't love about the show is that she only sang about five of her all time hits, but who cares! As I said all night, "it's Madonna"!!

I wasn't sure what to wear to such an an event. Do I go completely retro and stay relevant in fashion? Well, my decision was made for me when I came down with a fever! You see, I got a flu shot on Monday and by midnight that night I had a fever of 101 plus! Nothing like being sick the night before Madonna! I sucked it up though. I wasn't about to miss this concert! I grabbed skinnies, over-the-knee boots and a sweater coat I received last year for Christmas for a chic yet comfy look. Adding deep burgundy lips, we were out the door!

Sweater Coat: Ann Taylor; T-Neck: Target;
Jeans: Loft; Boots: Sam Edelman;
Necklace: Gift; Lipcolor: Dark Side MAC
 


The concert was a birthday gift from hubby!


Hanging with the girls pre-show! Madonna didn't go on until roughly 10:30 so we had plenty of time to grab a drink and chat! 

 

What do you think of the overall look? Did I get it right? What would you have worn? And, if you attended, what did you wear?


Photo of my hubby and I courtesy of Christina Brewer.
Photo of the girls courtesy of Tina Morrison.

No comments: