Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Just the Two of Us

Jumpsuit: BCBG via Gilt; Belt: LOFT;
Shoes: BCBG; Bracelet: Banana Republic (gift)

As you may know, last Friday was our 10 year anniversary. We had dinner with our son at Red Robin and came home to exchange gifts. We are ones to go by the traditional anniversary gifts and ten years represents tin or aluminum. I kept pushing modern, which is diamonds, but he insisted we stick to traditional. Actually, in his words, "I'm not getting you a diamond." Well, I got the coolest gift from my husband. He gave me 10 tin red roses!


In honor of the big day, I gave myself a special manicure to show off my engagement ring and wedding band. And, once I got the rings cleaned, they shined "like the top of the Chrysler Building"!


On Saturday night, we put on our finest and hit the Plaza for dinner at The Melting Pot. What an amazing experience and flavorful dinner! If you haven't been there, you must! I wasn't sure what to really expect. Those of you who have been there simply said, "Oh, I love that place" but never really said why. Well, I can tell you why. The atmosphere is chic, especially when seated in Lovers Lane. Our table was in a small corner of the restaurant and so secluded. It felt like it was just the two of us at dinner.

First, we were met with a sweet card from the staff wishing us Happy Anniversary followed by drinks. You gotta love a personal bottle of champagne and a beerita that comes with a glow stick!






Next up was a four course meal! We started with a cheese fondue that came with several bread samples, a bowl of veggies and apple chunks. Our salads were a small iceberg wedge with bacon, blue cheese crumbles, sliced tomatoes and ranch dressing. There were three main courses to choose from and we decided on the meat and shrimp mix. Filet, shrimp, buffalo chicken and pork were cooked in a broth at the table. Along with that, we were provided with six different dipping sauces that really enhanced the flavors.

 A staff member was kind enough to take our photo. Love Instagram!

 

Dessert anyone? This is was the moment I had been waiting for all evening. Chocolate fondue with all the trimmings. We were served two kinds of marshmallows, strawberries, bananas, pound cake, brownie bites, cheesecake and rice crispy treats. Who would have thought that the rice crispy treats would be our favorite! AMAZING!

 

We had a wonderful meal, great conversation that didn't revolve around Elmo, Super Why or poop and a lovely stroll on the Plaza. The weather was somewhat balmy, which made for a vacation feel, and we drank in the evening. I can't wait to see what the next ten years have in store! 

 

No comments: