Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thankful

Our First Thanksgiving
 As always, I am thankful for family, but this year it just seems more evident. I have the most amazing support system in both my parents and my husband. And, I have the sweetest baby boy in the world. I am a super lucky girl. 


I am thankful we were able to celebrate McKinley's First Birthday on a glorious Friday afternoon! We took a trip to the zoo and then came home to presents with family and a first birthday cake! 


I am thankful for a trip to Chicago, that while fun, was a true test to my patience as a mother. I can't say I passed with flying colors, but learned a lot!


Thankful for a festive Halloween with our darling lion! He made the evening one of shear joy!


I am incredible thankful for parents who are not only grandparents to McKinley, but the best caregivers while we are away during the day. I am thankful that I can head to work knowing that he is, above all loved, but is being worked with every single day.



I am thankful that I was able to attend McKinley's first swimming lesson of many. This was not, and will not be, an activity that I will miss. I am also thankful that I was there for his first unassisted steps. I cherish that moment!


I am thankful that McKinley chose us to be his parents. I strive every day to be the best mom I can be to him. Those eyes, that smile and sweet face remind me that again, I am the luckiest girl ever!


I wish you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments: