Friday, November 16, 2012

Anna Karenina







On my list of 40 before 40 stands Anna Karenina. She is number 34 on the list and I haven't a clue if I will actually finish. I am on page 17, of 817, so only 800 to go! And let me tell you, those 17 pages have taken me forever. I find that I re-read several sentences just to make sure I understood what he wrote. A friend and I were talking about it just this morning. She's tried to read it a couple of times and gave up for this very reason. I told her I didn't think I was smart enough to read the book but she told me "sure you are" but to keep in mind "that those writers wrote in almost a different language and for people who were used to imagining everything (no tvs), so they tend to be long winded." Long winded indeed!

However, my take away from the book will be the fashion. Have you heard they are making a movie starring Keira Knightley? Apparently the clothing will take center stage. And to prove it, Banana Republic has designed a collection in honor of the movie/book. There are some simply beautiful pieces and some that are equally dramatic. Worth browsing to buy. Just see the window displays below!



As it turns out, I've been channeling the likes of Anna Karenina for years! Fur is my fav, I love lace, I own tons of sparkle and simple sheath is a closet staple! Here is a look back on my take of the 19th Century.




  


Have you read the book? If so, how long did it take you to complete? And, was it worth it?

No comments: