Friday, November 9, 2012

So Happy Together


My husband and I are celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary today! I honestly can't believe it has been 10 years! We had an unbelievably gorgeous day for the big event. The sun was out, the fall colors were amazing and a perfect backdrop for outdoor photos. We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day!

We met in the winter of 1999. I interviewed that fall at Sprint North Supply. Two women interviewed me, one of whom would be my future manager. The other was my husband's manager. After the interview, the women convened in Joel's cube to inform him that they had just interviewed his future wife. Little did they know how right they were. I started at North Supply on December 6th and we had our first date on December 30th. Two years later we were engaged.

  
I often say that my wedding day was already planned before Joel ever entered the picture. And really, for any girl, isn't that often the case? You have ideas of what you want your wedding day to be like. Our wedding day far exceeded my expectations. My mom helped me plan the most amazing wedding and THE most incredible party. So many tiny details that added up to one magical day. I remember it like it was just yesterday. I will never be able to thank my parents for all that they did to provide us such a memorable experience.



 

To celebrate, we are going to dinner at Red Robin with McKinley. Traditionally we watch our wedding video every year. Hopefully, we can get McKinley down so we're able to watch before falling asleep as well! We have dinner plans for the two of us on Saturday night. We are heading to the Plaza for dinner at The Melting Pot and possibly a stroll before heading home. I can't wait to see what the next ten years have in store. If they are anything like the previous ten, we are in for a lifetime of happiness!

No comments: