Monday, June 18, 2012

Weekend BBQ

We have grown obsessed with playing Cornhole, a real game you can check out here, so we've been hosting several BBQ's just to play! And, we're so obsessed that we now own our own set! (We call it Krazhole!) I thought I would start the Monday off with a post regarding our Saturday afternoon BBQ.

You know me and themes! This BBQ was all about lemons and yellow. The table scape included touches, okay lots of touches, of yellow accents. Canisters were filled with Meyer lemons and lemon drop candies. The tablecloth was a vibrant mix of Popsicles, in three fun colors, and white serving pieces to the focus on the cloth and canisters. However, I did throw in a few yellow pieces for fun.

 

We served the tradition BBQ flare. Hamburgers, hotdogs, macaroni salad and baked beans. But, I had to mix up dessert. I made homemade banana pudding and these darling lemon drop cookies.


 


Sweet cookies topped with a lemon flavored glaze and lemon zest for that pop of color.  And anything looks great when placed on a  fun cake plate!


 

 And what BBQ wouldn't be complete with ice cold beer! We had plenty on hand and in varying varieties. But, we also served iced tea and my great grandfather's lemonade. What I loved were the Ball jars we used as drinking glasses. A little rustic and super chic! And make sure you use cute little bowls for sweetener and lemons!

 
And some of the fellas playing a rousing game of Cornhole! I believe that fun was had by all! (And don't you love how my husband just happens to be wearing yellow? I don't believe that was truly planned but I liked to believe it was!)



Hope you had fashionable weekend! Happy Monday!

No comments: