Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Norstrom's "The Perfect 10"

Earlier this week Nordstrom provided us "the perfect 10 summer pieces you need now"! And according to my mom, it seems I've been on trend and its not even summer yet! Sweet compliment! Let's see if its true.

1) White Haute
"From glam watches to cropped jeans, white apparel and accessories are so right now. They look especially fresh worn with a (faux) tan." In my personal opinion, EVERYTHING looks better with a tan! How you get that tan is up to you. I am a sun girl, even though the warnings are staggering. The trend for summer is virtually endless. From watches to jeans to accessories, as long as you own a piece, you are white hot!

2) Easy Cover-Ups
"We've got you covered with glamorous updates on the classic beach staple—in sheer fabrics and ethnic-inspired prints." I always have a cover-up with me! Its like an American Express card. Going to the pool? Don't leave home without one. And I love how the cover-up runs the gamete of possibilities. Loose weave sweaters, oversized button downs, summer dresses or tropical sarongs. You name it, its a cover-up.

3)  Wedges
"Dressed up or dressed down, earthy cork wedges and elevated espadrilles are summer's most versatile shoes." I love wedges and have several pairs! And, I love how colorful they are this season!

4) Shorts
"No longer just for backyard barbecues, shorts in floral prints and sunny solids look pulled together when paired with wedges and a breezy top." I love my floral/abstract shorts from Anthropologie and can't wait to wear them all summer. But, I love my super colorful solids that I just purchased from Target. I wore my lime green ones over the weekend with a navy cardigan. Loved the color block! Sorry, not photo was taken, but you can yours here!

5) Summer Flats
"Comfortable needn't be boring. Slip on a pair of stylish summer kicks, and you'll be ready for anything under the sun." I am not a huge flats girl, but I do love my flat sandals. I mean, my feet do need a break on the weekends, especially in the summers. And, there are so many cute options! For summer, anything goes!

6) Punchy Prints
"Floaty dresses in tropical and tribal prints will instantly put you in a summer-getaway state of mind." I love dresses in the summer. When its too hot for clothes, floaty dresses, in tropical prints, make it feel like I'm getting away. Not stifling in the summer heat that bounces of the black, parking lot pavement!

7) Pop of Color
"Update your summer look and boost your mood with a shot of juicy color, from pool-blue polish to coral lips—the brighter, the better." My pops of color purchases have been just that, nail polish and lip color!

8) Go Everywhere Tote
"Meet your new best bag: an extra-roomy, super-stylish carryall that enjoys both work and play. Just throw it over your shoulder and go." I own entirely too many tote bags but will continue to collect them. Its an extension of my own handbag and McKinley's diaper bag, but super chic!

9) The Boyfriend Shirt
"Meet your new best bag: an extra-roomy, super-stylish carryall that enjoys both work and play. Just throw it over your shoulder and go." Didn't I just say an oversized button-up would make a great swim suit cover-up? And, its on of the top 10 perfect summer pieces! Can't go wrong with this shirt.

10) Retro Spec
"Keep your cool with a pair (or two) of retro-chic shades. Look for oversized and wayfarer styles that evoke an iconic aesthetic." I live in sunnies all year long, but for some reason summer is the time where I try every possible style on and rotate them all season. I love that fact that retro sunnies are hot this year. The 70s were my favorite!

Here are the 10 pieces I'm thinking of toting/wearing/applying this summer season!



   
 
 





Boy, do I love summer! Happy Shopping! 


No comments: